Thursday, January 5, 2012

Exteme Makeover : Locker Edition

This is what we started with. I searched Craig's list and antique stores in our area but couldn't find any. On a whim I asked my FB friends. Within 10 (!!) minutes I scored free ones. They were free but we had to work to get them out under a pile of stuff in an old shed. Husband took one look at them and then looked at me as if I was a crazy mama. I am...but I also have a keen eye for trash that can be make into treasure. We sanded off the rust and also added a board to the bottom that we put felt on so it wouldn't snag son's carpet or scratch daughter's wood floor.

The finished product in our daughters room. No, her ceiling is not curved or caving in. Weird camera angle. Sigh. They are painted in a nice, shiny white. We took the locks off but left on the outside part so it still looks like a lock. My favorite part is the number at the top of them. I don't know why. I just like the number.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I think the numbers are cool too :)
    So, we haven't started looking yet - we're still in the middle of the remodeling. But I'm filling up with ideas for when the time comes. I've started looking but not seriously yet.
    thanks so much for posting about this. I am probably going to refer back to here and show my husband a number of times!

    ReplyDelete